Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms have the following meanings:
• “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our website.
• “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our website when you visit certain parts of it or use certain features. Details of the Cookies used by our website are set out in Section 14 below.
• “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Information About Us
Our website is owned and operated by NWC Education, regisred as Newway Consultancy limited, a limited company registered in England under company number . Our registered address is [54 Taxassist Accountants, High Street, Saffron Walden, England, CB10 1EE]. For any privacy-related inquiries, you can contact our Data Protection Officer, [Mr Ilsam ], at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or [+44 (0) 2034881195].
Scope of this Policy
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as “any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identifier.” Personal data includes information such as your name, contact details, identification numbers, and online identifiers.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always uphold:
1. The right to be informed about how we collect and use your personal data.
2. The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
3. The right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data.
5. The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
6. The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
7. The right to data portability.
8. The right to object to automated decision-making and profiling.
For more information about these rights or to exercise them, please contact us using the details provided in Section 15. You can also seek further information from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
Depending on your use of our website, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
• Date of birth
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Job title
• Information about your preferences and interests
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We collect and use personal data in accordance with the lawful bases prescribed by the GDPR. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
• Providing and managing your Account
• Providing and managing your access to our website
• Personalizing and tailoring your experience on our website
• Supplying our products and services to you
• Communicating with you,
At NWC Education, we value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws. The following outlines how we use your personal data:
1. Providing and managing your Account: We use your personal data to create and manage your account on our site.
2. Providing and managing your access to our Site: We use your personal data to enable you to access and navigate our site effectively.
3. Personalizing and tailoring your experience on our Site: We may use your personal data to customize and enhance your experience on our site, ensuring that the content and features are relevant to you.
4. Supplying our products and services to you: In order to fulfill our contractual obligations, we require your personal details to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
5. Personalizing and tailoring our products and services for you: We may use your personal data to personalize and improve our products and services based on your preferences and feedback.
6. Communicating with you: We may use your personal data to respond to your emails or calls and to communicate important information related to our products and services.
7. Supplying you with information by email or post: If you have opted in, we may send you information, news, and offers related to our products and services by email or post. You have the option to unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.
8. Analyzing your use of our Site and gathering feedback: We analyze your use of our site to improve its functionality, content, and user experience. We may also gather feedback from you to understand your needs and preferences better.
9. Marketing purposes: With your permission or where permitted by law, we may use your personal data for marketing purposes. This may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message, or post with information, news, and offers about our products and services. You have the right to opt-out of such marketing communications.
11. Automated decision-making and profiling: We may use automated systems for decision-making or profiling. If you wish to query or request human intervention regarding any action taken based on automated methods, please contact us.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data until the completion of the entire admission procedures with the university you wish to apply to. This may involve one or more admission cycles. Once the entire cycle is completed, we will delete or destroy your personal data unless specific permission or reasons to maintain the data for a longer period are given by you.
Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
We store and transfer your personal data within the United Kingdom (UK), ensuring its full protection under the GDPR. Alternatively, we may store or transfer your data within the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes EU member states, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, providing equivalent protection under the GDPR.
In some cases, we may store or transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA, referred to as “third countries,” which may have different data protection laws. In such cases, we will take additional steps to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and with the same level of protection as within the UK and the GDPR.
Sharing of Personal Data
We do not share your personal data with third parties for any purposes, except in limited circumstances. We may be legally required to share certain personal data if involved in legal proceedings, complying with legal obligations, court orders, or instructions from government authorities.
However, we may share your personal data with other companies within our group